Inside: Tired of a dirty house? Get ready for spring with the 30 day cleaning challenge. It will only take a few minutes each day, so join me in this simple challenge.
Spring may still be three weeks away but I am so ready for warm weather. I love watching the grass turn green and the plants return to take away the gloomy look of winter. I also love getting the house clean every spring. It’s fun to go through and declutter and clean everything. It’s nice when you can finally open the windows and let in a breeze, without the dust flying around too.
To get the house all ready for spring I thought I would do a 30 day cleaning challenge. Each day I will be cleaning a different area of the house. I would love it if you would follow along. You can print the 30 day cleaning challenge printable here. We can tackle the house together and by the end of March we will all have a spotless house. Okay, maybe not spotless, but hopefully cleaner. 🙂
30 Day Cleaning Challenge
- Clean kitchen counters and scrub the sink. If you don’t have a sink cleaner you can make your own here.
- Wipe down your kitchen cabinets.
- Clean out the fridge and throw out any expired foods.
- Clean the oven and stove top.
- Clean the microwave inside and out.
- Sweep and mop the kitchen floor.
- Clean out medicine closet. Throw out any expired medicine.
- Wipe down bathroom cabinets.
- Scrub tub/shower in bathroom.
- Clean toilet and scrub vanity tops and mirrors.
- Wipe down baseboards with a damp cloth.
- Clean under beds. Throw out any trash and vacuum under beds.
- Clean mattress and wash pillows. You can see how to wash your pillows in the washing machine here.
- Dust living room furniture and clean under couch.
- Vacuum and wipe down any upholstered furniture.
- Change the furnace filter.
- Clean out floor vents. Vacuum and clean out any debris.
- Wipe down light switches with a damp cloth.
- Vacuum dust from ceiling fans and wipe them down with a damp cloth.
- Clean the windows from the inside. If you need a good glass cleaner you can make your own here.
- Wipe down blinds with a damp cloth.
- Wipe down doorknobs with a damp cloth.
- Clean the washing machine inside and out.
- Clean out the dryer, make sure you clean the vent well too.
- Wipe down cabinets in laundry room and mop floor.
- Clean trash from car and sweep it.
- Sweep garage floors.
- Clean windows from the outside.
- Sweep off front and back porch.
- Clean and wipe down any patio furniture.
P.S. For more cleaning tricks and frugal tips delivered to your inbox subscribe here!
Free Weekly Cleaning Checklist
Subscribe (free!) to my newsletter and as an added bonus I will send you this free weekly cleaning checklist.