Welcome to Frugally Blonde! I am so glad you are here!
I’m Julie Sellers author at Frugallyblonde.com.
I started Frugally Blonde back in 2015 so I could share some of my favorite homekeeping ideas.
When I started out as a housewife (way back in 2000!!) I had no idea what I was doing. I burnt lots of dinners, struggled to keep up with laundry, and didn't have a cleaning schedule.
After years of experience, I finally found a cleaning & laundry routine that works for my family.
I decided to share those things with my readers and I was surprised at how many people loved my articles. Millions of readers a year turn to Frugally Blonde to get the best cleaning and decluttering advice.
In 2017 after years of being frustrated with the clutter in our house, I decided to become a certified organizational specialist. (That's a fancy way to say I finally got my husband to get rid of those old concert t-shirts!) 😉
I found that the knowledge that I gained from becoming an organizational specialist was so amazing that I wanted to share it with my readers so I created a 7-day decluttering challenge.
Here at Frugally Blonde, you will find tips about cleaning, organizing, decluttering, and some occasional budgeting tips.
Want to get started on your homekeeping adventures but don’t know where to start?
Check out these 5 tasks you should be doing every day for a cleaner home. I have a routine that I love to follow to make keeping the house clean a little easier.
You can also grab this free printable when you subscribe (it's totally free!) to my newsletter. See what I do each day to keep my house clean. It makes life so much easier when you have a routine to follow.
Need to get your house (or your family!) whipped into shape and decluttered?
Check out the 7 day decluttering challenge I created after becoming a certified organizer.
It is a great way to get your home decluttered with just 15-30 minutes a day.
You can sign up (free!) to my newsletter and take the 7 day decluttering challenge.
You can really attack the mess in your home by taking the 30-day cleaning challenge. It comes with a free printable so you can check off the tasks as you get them done.
Feel free to follow me on Pinterest or Facebook to see the latest here at Frugally Blonde.
Want to know some more about me?
I live in the suburbs of Indianapolis with my husband and son.
In 2001 I quit my job as a preschool teacher for my dream job, stay at home mom. I thought I would stay at home with my son until he went to kindergarten and then I would head back to work.
Instead, I found I had a passion not just for being a mom but for homekeeping too!
After years of staying at home, I started my blog so I could share more cleaning hacks and tips with the rest of the world.
I thought I would write some articles and a few people would read them. I never dreamed that I would have millions of readers every year or that thousands would take and complete the 7-day decluttering challenge.
I've written books on Amazon and been published on the Today Show. Frugally Blonde has been a dream come true for me!
Want to know more? Here are some fun facts about me.
- I grew up in a small town. Actually John Cougar Mellencamp's “Small Town”
- I went to an all Women’s College and loved every minute of it! (My husband went to the all men’s college down the street)
- I was married at 21 and walked down the aisle to “How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria”
- Fingers crossed, our son will be headed off to college about the same time we turn 40
- Going on a cross-country RV trip with my family is #1 on my bucket list
- My husband and I went to adopt a cat from the Humane Society when we were first married and came home with a Rottweiler
- Two years ago our family went back to the Humane Society to adopt another Rottweiler but came home with a Chihuahua
- I think I might have an addiction to Coke, Coca-Cola that is
- I finally got tired of all the clutter around the house and became a certified organizational specialist. My house looks so much better!
In case you’re wondering I am a natural blonde, so please excuse my grammar or spelling.
I would love to hear from you! Feel free to email me at [email protected]
Site Disclosure Policy