Inside: Check out these must-have tips for your next laundry day! See the best laundry tips to remove almost any stain and get your laundry clean. Spend less time doing laundry with these awesome laundry hacks!
The Ultimate List of Laundry Tips
Nobody wants to spend all day in the laundry room trying to get your clothes clean. Laundry can be easy to do and doesn't have to waste your whole day. See my favorite laundry tips for getting things done quickly and the best laundry hacks for stains. You can save time and save your favorite clothes from the rag bin. Check out these must-have tips for your next laundry day.
Favorite clothes ruined by stains? Don't worry, you can get most stains out with a little work. Check out a few of my favorite ways to get out the worst stains below.
- Dealing with a deodorant build up on your darks? Check out this awesome laundry hack for removing deodorant build up on clothes. It's easy to do and only takes a few minutes of your time.
- If you are dealing with sweat stains on sheets you need this easy laundry tip to get rid of them. Check out how I got rid of sweat stains easily.
- Nobody wants to deal with blood stains in their sheets, but it can be difficult to remove once it's set in. See the best trick for remove blood from sheets to save your sheets from the rag bin.
- I hate when I am cooking and get cooking oil stains on my shirt. Of course, if you are like me you will find it after it's already been through the washer and dryer once. You can get those cooking oil stains out of clothes with a pretty simple tip. I am constantly amazed at how awesome dawn soap is!
- A reader told me about this fantastic tip. You can easily whiten your whites without bleach. Mrs. Stewart’s Bluing agent does a great job of getting your whites whiter. I tried it on a tank top with good luck and then used it on some of my dish towels. If you are dealing with dingy whites I highly recommend it.
I hate when I pull out a load of clean laundry from the dryer only to realize that it still smells! See my favorite tips below for getting rid of those funky smells in your clothes.
Getting Rid Of Smells
- I have often forgotten about clothes in the washer until a day or two later. By the time I realize there is laundry in the washer the clothes have a horrible musty smell. You can get rid of the mildew and mold with this washing tip here. This easy laundry tip doesn’t take much of your time to clean a load this way and only takes a bit of vinegar.
- Dealing with a sweat smell in your clothes? Learn how to take the sweat smell out of clothes with this easy laundry tip.
- Laundry smells funky all the time? Try cleaning your machine. You can see my simple tips on how to clean a front load washer. Washing machines can be a breeding ground for germs and bacteria so make sure you clean them every 6 months or so. If you have a top load machine you can see how I clean the washing machine here.
Other Laundry Tips
- You don't need to take your wool items to the dry cleaners. You can wash wool at home with these simple tips. I use this easy laundry hack to wash everything from wool blankets to sweaters.
- Pillows are necessarily something we think of cleaning, but they do need to be washed every now and then. Learn the best tips for cleaning pillows in the machine with this simple laundry tip.
- Skip the dry cleaners and dry clean your own clothes. You can’t do every item, but there are so many that you can wash at home yourself. Not only do you save money, but you also don’t have to drive to drop off and pick up the dry cleaning. This has been a huge time and money saver for me.
- One of my favorite laundry tips is to make my own fabric softener. It's natural and super cheap to make this lavender fabric softener. It keeps your clothes soft and smelling great without the buildup that you get from most fabric softeners.
Your laundry pile may never disappear but with all these laundry hacks you will never have to spend the whole day doing laundry again. You can set up a routine and know the right laundry tips and tricks to get it clean the first time.
Get my laundry stain removal printable
Subscribe (free!) to my newsletter and as an added bonus I will send you the laundry stain removal printable!